Category Judging Schedule Overview
I’d like to give you an overview of what to expect during our week of SSEF JUDGING and how to use the virtual fair platform, Rocket Judge. Any device on wi-fi works with the platform. However, we recommend that a full size computer is used – even having two screens will make Judging more efficient.
In a perfect world all of our technology will be in sync and working!!! Using the virtual platform for Judging involves 250 Judges; 600+ Finalists, and our volunteer staff. Please be patient with hiccups and glitches!!! Check your spam, clutter, and any odd folder for emails from Rocket Judge and myself.
Tech Support Email: Support@SSEFFlorida.com
VIRTUAL FAIR DASHBOARD ACCESS – ROCKET JUDGE
Participating judges, please check the email you registered with for your secure, individual link to the virtual fair platform. The email will go out the night before each Judging event. You will receive a new link to access the platform for each you are involved in. The link will open at the scheduled time for the event.
If you don’t see the email from RocketJudge, please check your spam, junk, and clutter folders before calling tech support.
ROUND 1: Remote Judging of Projects
March 28th (NOON) – March 30th
Judging time commitment: 3 hours total over 2 ½ days
- Each Judge will be assigned up to 10 Projects to review and score. Each Project presentation is a maximum 10 minute video/slide presentation. Allow yourself (10 minutes x 10 Projects) = a 100 minute/ 1 – 2 hour time commitment over 2 ½ days.
- Meet with your Category Team on Tuesday, March 30th at 6:00 PM in Rocket Judge Deliberations section to select FOCUS Group for Live Judging Round 2.
- Visit Round 1 Information Page.
ROUND 2: Remote (Live) Judging for FOCUS Group – Interviews/Q&A
April 1st, Thursday 9:00 – 1:00
Judging time commitment: 3 – 4 Hours
- Meet on Rocket Judge at 9:00 AM in deliberations with your Category Team.
- Check website https://ssefflorida.com/2021-finalists-judging-week/ for interview schedule to follow from 9:30 – Noon. 15 minutes each.
- Smaller Categories will finish early and can meet earlier than noon.
- Noon – meet to Rank Category Winners.
- Visit Round 2 Information Page.
Note: Finalists are anxiously waiting in Rocket Judge video rooms off site to be interviewed.
ROUND 3: Captain/Facilitators only – Best of Show Judging – No Finalists
April 1st 1:30 PM after all Categories have reported their #1 Project
Judging Captain/Facilitator for each Category will meet in Grand Award Deliberation rooms to determine GRAND AWARD winners from the 1st Place Winners in both the Junior and Senior Sections for the Biological and Physical Sciences Division Grand Awards.