ROUND 1: Virtual/Remote Judging of Video/Audio Presentations
March 28th – March 30th
- SSEF Judges will be assigned a Category. Rocket Judge will randomly assign Judges to projects. Each project will be Judged at least 3 times and scores will be submitted for the Collaboration Session.
- March 30th – 6:00 PM – Category Judges will meet in assigned rooms on Rocket Judge to determine the FOCUS Group (1/2 the Category) for Round 2 remote/live Judging.
- March 30th – 9:00 PM – Fair Directors/Focus Group Finalists will be notified for Round 2 Judging.
- The ORBIT Group will NOT participate in remote/live interview Judging.
ROUND 2: Remote/Live Judging for FOCUS GROUP in each Category
April 1st, Thursday 9:30 AM – 12:00 Noon
- Fair Director needs to make a PLAN for these interviews for the FOCUS Group Finalists to be able to participate – just as they would for travel to SSEF
- Fair Director/Designated Teacher will need to provide a location/site where students can participate live through Rocket Judge
- For secure/safety/troubleshooting, it is expected that this assigned adult is available to assist and communicate with SSEF. This assigned adult is not to interact with the Judging Interviews
- The ORBIT Group will not be notified or participating in interviews
- 2 to 3 SSEF Judges at a time will be assigned Projects for remote interviews
- Finalists being interviewed may have their log book and any products/devices needed to further explain their project and show the Judges. A display is not necessary as Judges will have access to all documents from Round 1
- Rocket Judge will provide the Judges and Finalists their interview times by email
- Judges will meet in Category Rooms to rank projects for Category Place Awards
ROUND 3: Best of Show Judging
April 1st, Thursday 1:30 PM
- Judging Captains for each Category will meet in rooms to determine winners using data from Rounds 1 and 2.
- Finalists will NOT BE PRESENT for Round 3 Judging.
SPECIAL AWARD JUDGING
Wednesday March 31st 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Any Judges for Special Awards may view the Virtual Video/Audio Presentations to determine their winner(s).
- ALL projects will be available for viewing – FOCUS and ORBIT Groups
- Winners must be submitted by 4:00 PM, Wednesday, March 31st.
SCHOLARSHIP NOMINATION AWARD JUDGING
TBD ‐ Pending the offerings of Scholarship Nominations, students will have to submit an application by a required deadline. Remote/Live Interviews will then be scheduled through Rocket Judge with the Finalists who applied and the Scholarship Judge.