Information for Student Participants
Watch the following Orientation for this year’s Virtual Fair Information.
JUDGING RUBRIC: https://ssefflorida.com/ssef-judging-rubric/
Finalists Judging Schedule
March 28th – March 30th
ROUND 1: Category Place Award Judging
Remote Judging of Project Presentations
Finalists NOT present
- Judges will score all projects remotely and meet in Category Teams to select the FOCUS group for Round 2 Judging – one-half of the top Finalists in each Category.
- On Wednesday morning, March 31st, the schedule for FOCUS group Round 2 (LIVE) interviews will be posted here https://ssefflorida.com/2021-finalists-judging-week/.
- You need to know your Project Number to find your interview schedule.
- The ORBIT Group – lower one-half of each Category – will NOT participate in remote/live interview judging on Thursday.
March 31st, Wednesday 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
SPECIAL AWARDS: Remote Judging of Project Presentations
Finalists Not present
- Any Judges for Special Awards may view the Video/Audio Presentations to determine their winner(s).
- ALL projects will be available for viewing – FOCUS and ORBIT Groups.
April 1st, Thursday 9:30 AM – 12:00 Noon
ROUND 2: Remote/Live Judging for FOCUS GROUP in each Category
VIRTUAL FAIR DASHBOARD ACCESS – Rocket Judge
ROCKET JUDGE STUDENT TRAINING VIDEO: https://youtu.be/cXMevQe30JA
The night before, Rocket Judge will be sending your secure, individual LINK – to your Rocket Judge video interview room. Check your spam, clutter, junk places. Your Fair Director is also receiving your link and can email you your link.
- Fair Directors/Teachers have provided you with instructions for and know your location for participating remotely in your live interviews.
- Interview Schedule available Wednesday morning, March 31st https://ssefflorida.com/2021-finalists-judging-week/.
- Be present in your virtual interview room during scheduled judging times! You will need to know your project number to find your interview schedule.
- It is expected (for security/safety/troubleshooting), that an assigned adult is available nearby to assist and communicate with tech support regarding any glitches and/or hiccups from your end.
- This assigned adult is not to interact with the Judging Interviews.
- Two to three SSEF Judges at a time will be assigned Projects for remote interviews.
- Finalists being interviewed may have their log book and any products/devices needed to further explain their project and show the Judges. A display is not necessary as Judges will have access to the video and documents from Round 1.
- The ORBIT Group will NOT participate in remote/live interview Judging. A separate Judging Team will determine Recognition Awards for this group using Round 1 information.
April 1st, Thursday, Scholarship/NYSC Interviews 1:30 PM – 4:30 PM
- Finalists who applied for Scholarships/NYSC (March 19th deadline) will be provided their interview schedule with Judges from the Colleges/Universities.
- You will receive a different/new Link to Rocket Judge by Noon.
- Interviews will be posted Wednesday, March 31st and begin at 1:30 PM. https://ssefflorida.com/2021-finalists-judging-week/.
- Applicant/Finalist must be present in your virtual interview room during scheduled judging times.
- There will be one interview for each Scholarship/NYSC applied for.
Tech Support: Support@SSEFFlorida.com
Note: Fair Directors are also receiving Rocket Judge Links for their Finalists in case students (using school emails) do not receive the link.